Minnick's Youth Apprenticeship
The Minnick's Youth Apprenticeship program is designed to introduce Maryland high school students to skilled trades careers in the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning industry.
This is a great stepping stone to securing a career in HVAC right out of high school. By the end of our Youth Apprenticeship program, you will be equipped with the experience and knowledge to confirm if a career in HVAC is a good fit for you.
Youth Apprenticeship Benefits
Essential Apprenticeship Functions
- OSHA 10
- First Aid Training
- Interpret symbols and procedures
- Identify job prep needs and develop job task plan
- Execute job prep needs as a coordinated effort
- Select tools and materials
- Use hand tools and light duty tools
- Operate tools and equipment safely
- Assist with the installation of materials per job specification
- Demonstrate accuracy in measuring using various instruments
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Clean up work area
- Practice quality craftsmanship
- Assist with basic equipment problem identification and diagnosis for heating and
- cooling systems
- Assist with basic equipment install and/ or repair for heating and cooling systems
- Set up and fabricate metals
- Assist with the installation of fabricated parts
- Transfer measurements into a workable drawing
- Maintain accurate and timely paperwork.
- Follow all safety practices and adhere to all safety related policies.
- Other duties as assigned
Our Selected Apprentice Must...
The Minnick's Mission
At Minnick's, we care about the hidden comfort issues that plague homeowners.
We have the advanced technical knowledge to find and conquer those issues, so everyone can have a healthier, more comfortable home.
Ready to be part of something bigger?
We don't want Minnick's to be just another job for you.