Maryland summers are known for a few things. There is the good: crab feasts. There is nothing quite like throwing down some old copies of theBaltimore Sun and picking apart some delicious steamed crabs. Yum! Then there is the bad: heat and humidity. And according to Constellation, running your air conditioner during those hot and humid Maryland summers could account for more than 50% of your energy bills. Yikes! Fortunately, there are several steps you can take to conserve energy and lower those bills.
It all starts with AC Maintenance. Your air conditioner loses 5% of its overall efficiency every year it goes without proper professional maintenance. Annual maintenance will help your AC run more efficiently, saving you money on energy bills. Additional benefits include:
- A more efficient AC unit will be able to better meet your cooling needs. This means increased comfort.
- Regular maintenance is a proactive way to address issues.
- Annual maintenance will help minimize costly breakdowns and extend the life of your unit.
- Neglecting maintenance can void your warranty.
- And More!
ADDITIONAL TIPS TO BEAT THOSE HUMID MARYLAND SUMMERS
Aside from AC maintenance, there are several additional ways to cut energy costs without sacrificing comfort. These include:
- Thermostat Settings: For every degree, the thermostat is set above 72 degrees, you can expect to save 1-3 percent. The ideal setting is around 78 degrees when you are home and 85 degrees when you are away. A programmable thermostat can be extremely beneficial with this.
- Ceiling Fans: This is a great way to help cool a room and aid your AC without setting the thermostat too low.
- Blinds and Shades: Keep the blinds and windows closed during the day and open at night. This will help keep your home a little cooler.
- Appliances: Turn off lights and appliances when not in use. And don’t forget to unplug electronics. When not in use, most electronics, including computers, still consume energy…even when switched off.
AC MAINTENANCE IN MARYLAND
A maintenance visit from Minnick’s can help improve the comfort of your house and reduce the money you spend every month! That is what we like to call a win-win. We will send one of our qualified technicians to your home to perform a comprehensive, 16-step service check of your HVAC system. Once this thorough inspection is completed, your Minnick’s technician will review everything with you and create a personalized report complete with recommendations to help improve AC performance.
If you have any questions about AC Maintenance in Maryland, please contact Minnick’s, a Maryland HVAC company, today at (301) 605-9112 and we’ll show you how to keep your home more comfortable and energy-efficient. You can also follow Minnick’s on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest for more HVAC tips and tricks.